Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Big Buddha, Big Buddha, Big Buddha

One of the places college students tend to hang out around here is the Buddhist Stupa south of town. I headed out there this morning to hang out and see if I could meet a few new people. When I made it there it was pretty dead, but I did take the time to look around the grounds.

You can click on a picture to see a bigger version.


The giant 125 ft Buddha is what catches you eye first, but there are quite a few other interesting things there, too.


The Buddhist prayer flags and prayer wheels are really intriguing.





I didn’t realize this until today, but every one of the thousands of prayer flags actually have prayers written on them.



And I'm pretty sure that these two signs were trying to say the same thing, just in a little different way.



-एरिक

1 comment:

  1. I just saw the title of this post and I laughed out loud. ;) good one.

    ReplyDelete