Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Club Shadi

Today I went to my first Indian wedding. Wow, it was an adventure, and to be honest words would do little to describe it. Instead, I've got some great pictures to show just what went down (I'm sure one day I'll regret these pictures being on the internet).


So this is my buddy Prem and me. It was a girl in his neighborhood that got married, so its our friendship that got me into the wedding today. He also took me shopping for my kurta (traditional Indian shirt).



This is the wedding tent. It was 100 degrees outside today, the wedding was at one pm, and outside in a tent. Sweet.



Like most weddings, this one had a bride and groom, but they really didn't seem to be the center of attention most of the time.



Turns out it was really the white people who ended up being the center of attention at times.
This is us with the groom's party.



Like any good wedding this one had food. Unlike a good wedding the cows managed to find their way into this one.



And there was music by the Euphorian DJ. Not sure that I want "smack that" played at mine.



Now with music comes dancing...



Lots of dancing...



So its only right that I joined in!



During a break we headed back up to Prem's house where I played with the kids.



And then we got silly...



But he got even sillier...

And then things just got out of control!
(no children were harmed the taking of this photo)


All in all it was a really fun day. A new experience and a chance to spend more time with a great family of friends. And to the bride and groom: I wish you luck and apologize for stealing some of the attention at your wedding. But then again, had you really been upset about it you probably wouldn't have spent your first dance as a couple dancing with me!

-एरिक

1 comment: