Tuesday, April 6, 2010

An Easter Wake Up Call

“I hear the bells on Christmas Day, their old familiar carols play…”


Well it wasn’t Christmas, and it wasn’t a familiar song, but I was woken up early Easter morning to the sound of bells. These weren’t bells celebrating our risen Savior, but instead they were the bells of a Hindu temple calling their gods to wake up and answer the patrons’ prayers. Not long after I heard another sound: the call to prayer.

I traveled across the state to celebrate Easter with some great friends. We had a great few days of fun and fellowship, but Easter morning hit me hard. On the day we celebrate Christ’s resurrection I was once again reminded that there are people all around me who have never even heard about the reason that He died.


I guess sometimes I need a wake up call.


“There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.”

- In Christ Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment