Thursday, April 15, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle... oh wait, thats my backyard

I live at the edge of the city, and behind our back wall is a "jungle." Really its more of a grove of Mango trees and Leechi trees, but they call it a jungle. There's a fence between us and the trees, but the branches hangover our porch. You better believe that I'm going to eat those mangoes when they're ripe next month.

I digress. The real reason for this post is what I found IN the nearest mango tree. This bird:


It looks a little like Toucan Sam and a dinosaur had a baby. It sounds like a mix between a pterodactyl and my sister hiccuping... "mwaaaak!" (Sorry, JA... love you!)

I first saw it several days ago, and then yesterday there were four of them in the tree! I have a pack of pterodactyl like birds living behind my house. great....

Anyone have any idea what this creature really is?

-एरिक

2 comments: